Sunday, August 20, 2006

14 miles=jello legs

I made it! I can't believe I actually did it. I have a huge feeling of relief knowing I made it the whole route and... no more running! well... for 2 days. Back to practice on Tuesday. So I left my apt at 5:30am today and was up at Rockefeller Park at 7am. Ahhh, I know, wayyyy too early for a Sunday Morning. We brought some snacks along with the rest of our 9:30 pace group. (the donuts seemed to be a big hit). I also brought these new Cliff Gels I found, I'm a little sceptical a gel substance can be at all satisfying, but I put it in my fuel belt for the run. Too bad all of Manhattan seems to be out of shot bloks, those things rock! Yes, I know, all these athlete foods, really weird, I'm still getting used to them and learning which ones I actually don't mind. Energy beans are next on the list! (Found at Dylan's Candy Store!). Now that sounds yummy. May have to buy some regular good old fashion candy as well. :)


Can't seem to upload my pics from my cell at the moment, but I did take some of the trail, so I'll post those soon. We passed cows people! It was great. And pigs. And lots of people riding horses. Gotta watch out for the horse droppings! My shoes are black anyway, (they WERE white when I got up there). Oh well.


All in all, a very fun run and I'm very glad it's over! ;)

2 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger TFK Bob said...

Great job, and awesome blog! The little sporty jelly beans are good, as are regular jelly beans. Gummy bears and worms are also a favorite among me and my speedy pals. That's why I run marathons, I'm all about eating candy. When you do ultra-marathons you get to eat cake and pizza along the course. It doesn't get any better than that. :-)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Way to go! You totally rocked that course! It was so nice to finally meet you... I need to try these sporty jelly beans as gummy worms are also probably my favorite thing in the entire world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home