Wednesday, August 09, 2006

11-mile training run with NYRR and TFK


Saturday, August 05, 2006 @6:30am

So I just got back from the run in central park, it was intense! But Adam and I kept our pace with our pace group! So yay! (that's a 9:30 pace). Actually, I think we went a little fast, hmmm. I heard it's not good to do that because you should conserve your energy for later on, after all, we were running commute pace. (Commute pace = you can have a conversation while you are running). Man, learning all these running terms! lol.

Anyway, so a few highlights of the run:

After seeing the line to the port-a-potties 2 minutes before the start time, I decide to "hold it in"

well.....

Adam had the same idea and after a minute into the run we both had to pee like a horse! And with no port-a-potty in sight, we start thinking...of course this seems all rational when you have the running endorphins going, we spot a good off-trail location and jet to it! A quit pop of the squat and water bottle wash of the hands and we are all good to go! We catch up to the pace group with a relief that I just cannot describe.

2nd highlight of the run, as if you thought that wasn't bad enough... I know. We get to the 6-mile mark and they have the refuel station. Our pace group stops for a minute to regroup, pick up some gatorade and then head right back into the run. I had stopped my watch so I was looking down to restart it and not looking ahead. Well, apparently, not a good idea.... I practically jam right into a trashcan! Everyone around me sees and I just have to start laughing. Everyone else does to! It was actually really funny.


so after the run, we regroup with the team for some team stretching. I insist Adam and I need some pics, so we get some people to take them.


We then talk to coach Danielle to get some more tips on training. Turns out we have been over training! Ok, we don't want to get injured here! So I'm going to cut a few miles out of my week and then gradually work it up, that is the key word here-GRADUALLY!


So I will be sending out my fundraiser email very soon so be expecting that baby! I tried to make it as personal sounding as possibly but it's a fundraiser letter... so come here for the real nitty gritty Danika dirt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home