Wednesday, August 09, 2006

10-mile run with Adam and Kelly

Thursday, August 03, 2006 @6am

The Course:


West Side Highway Brooklyn Bridge


Met up with Adam and Kelly at 6am on 34th and West Side Highway for my first 10 mile run! We stretched and then were off. The last 2 miles were especially hard, as was the first uphill portion of the Brooklyn Bridge. Adam and Kelly sped up by the time we got to the Brooklyn Bridge. I know I tend to slow my pace on the uphills, but I did catch up with them later on. Adam sped up the last mile but I kept my pace, it was very hard. But I finished in 1 hour and 35 minutes, which means a 9:30 pace, so that is great! I'm very happy with myself. I also had three Shot Bloks, which were surprisingly good! I think I will use them from now on. At least on the longer runs. Which seems to be always now! Eek.

Riding back home I was fine and energized. But I think it's not having anywhere to be that makes me just want to pass out again in my bed. I had a strawberry yogurt shake and my vitamins and then took a shower. I didn't feel so good so after showering and icing my ankles, I passed out from 10-11:30am. Oh well. My body needed it I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home