Wednesday, August 09, 2006

8-mile NYRR/TFK Race in Central Park

Saturday, July 22, 2006 @7:30am

So I ran it! I'm so proud of myself. I ran the first 4 in 38 minutes, so perfect 9:30 pace in my group. Awesome! (it was a 4 mile race but the team did another 4 for practice)...I know, for all you normal people you are thinking, are you f-ing insane! I was kind of thinking that too....but I'm slowly getting into this runner's mentality...ahh!

So the second lap was a lot harder!! I ran the first mile or so and then at 51 minutes, I had to stop and walk for one minute. I was getting chills all over my body. So I listened to my body and stopped for a one minute walk. I did that every 5 minutes or so, so walked about 4 minutes of the second half. It was ok. I didn't finish with the 9:30 pace group but that's ok. Adam did, I'm proud of him. I need to get up there. It's ok, I still have tons of training to do so that is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home